Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kneedful Things

My worst fears had just been confirmed. The orthopedic doctor that I consulted told me that my left knee has a meniscus tear. Meniscus are the cartileges that are in between the knee bones. Normally it takes about two weeks for such a tear to heal, provided no weight nor exertion was done on the said knee.


Which brings me to about a week ago. My left knee felt ok, the pain quite negligible. So we went birding at Villa Escudero where I had to carry my more than 20 lbs of gear and walked some considerable distance. That night I once again felt the excruciating pain every time I moved my damaged knee. Every so often Cynthia would touch it and tell me that it feels warm. Warmer, in fact, than my other knee. She concluded that something must be really wrong for that to happen. After some cajoling, I finally consented to see a doctor.


So per the doctor's instruction, I have to take the medicine she prescribed once every day for the two weeks (which isn't so bad) and to put a brace on my left leg which she endearingly termed....


....the IMMOBILIZER!


So for the next couple of weeks I would be practically immobilized. The only time I can take off this brace is when I will be taking a shower. (Maybe I should be showering three times a day. Or more).  But seriously friends and prayer partners, please pray that this not something more serious and that I will be healed in two weeks time.


Hold on....I can hear my wife saying,  "Don't move!"

No comments:

Post a Comment