Thursday, June 24, 2010

'trained

Softly at first. A gentle pitter-patter that caused the leaves to nod softly.  A cool breeze whispered silently bringing a welcome freshness to the humid air. I breathed deeply and my thoughts wandered into my distant past. Even when I was a little boy I always loved the rain. For me it symbolized a cleansing that my soul despaired for.


My reminiscing was interrupted by flashes of lightning as if a thousand paparazzis were taking pictures of some heavenly celebrity. This was followed by a deafening applause of rolling thunder. The trickling raindrops then became a torrent that poured like buckets from the gray skies. I closed my eyes and smiled as I listened to the pluvial roar which strangely enough played like a grand orchestral music to my ears. Thoughts of my troubled past slowly faded like mist in a dawning day.


'trained and then 'tstopped. The sun gloriously emerged from the dark skies. I was reminded of God's constant love and total forgiveness. I felt renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment